Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dinner on the patio with Susan

Last night a very pleasant evening of great food and wine with Susan on the patio of our apartment. After dinner, a nice walk to get gelato at Neri and of course, the never ending discussion about who makes the best in Florence. 

I have not started to photograph in ernest, thinking I have 60 days here. I've mostly been photographing with the Lumix and only had the D3 out for a little while yesterday. I have always said I like a heavier camera, working with the Hasselblad as an example, but the combination of the D3 and the 24-70 mm lens, may be my limit. Its a heavy combination. Today however, I am working the F100 with my 20 mm lens and actually shooting black and white film as its a little cloudy and I need some film to show the students how to process negatives next week. 

We started the day off by sleeping in a bit (9 am), then breakfast, I caught a capuchino at the corner, then some food shopping at the Central Market (I have a new chicken guy now), then home and a quick stop by the workshop to check email.

Tonight is an aperitivo at Regan's with the students and we're eating out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment